- Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha’i) = 3.5 Billion
- Indian religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism) = 1.2 Billion
- Chinese religions (Taoism, Confucianism) = .4 Billion
- Other (Folk, Vietnamese, Korean, New Age) = .6 Billion
- Secularism (Atheism) = 1.1 Billion
Many do not realize that the three main world religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) believe in the same God. The different religions have different opinions on all the details of that God, and how He has since affected the world – but all agree that he is the creator of our universe and Earth and the God of Abraham.
These numbers tell us that about 50% of the world believes in that God, while 34% believe in other Gods, and 16% believe in no God. This can also be stated as 60% of religious people believe in the same God.
It’s often stated that there are so many Gods out there, how would one know which is the true God. These numbers assure us that there are not as many as one might think, and that 60% of believers agree he is the God of the Bible. We are in good company.